With the Boler moved to Edmonton, I didn’t even think to check the height of the garage door. With the top vent off and tires deflated it barely fit in. I still need to measure, but I hope tiny wheels will work to get the trailer in and out ( I can’t imagine changing them for ever trip being ideal).
Of course one discover leads to another, the lug nuts are to tight for me to get off with any of my tools, and I also need to see if I can put the same size on both sides.
Progress has been slow. I have added layers of fiberglass to the repairs. Driving with it cracked the body fill on the rear patch. I was happy this happen now and not after it was painted.
Without the big compressor I needed an electric sander, so off to Home depot I went. After looking online I expected to pay just under $100, but they had a great sander on sale, with no more in stock they sold me the floor model for $19, probably the only part of the project that fell below budget. With that I have been sanding the inside floor, getting it ready.
The outside needs some more sanding and body fill before I paint. I plan to also cover up any of the holes I filling in the floor with body fill as well. Then it will be time to paint and lay the flooring.
I also plan to build a spacer, as one point on the frame was reinforced on the top, making it not quite level for the trailer to sit on, and with so much needing to be done on the trailer a new frame needs to wait a while.
I was also unhappy with how the trailer attached to the frame. I will be looking at doing something better with this before I take it out camping.
Cleaning out the garage after moving was the first step, and now with the extra room I have taken the shell off again, hopefully this is the last time it will be apart.
Last night C said “Don’t worry Daddy, your trailer will be done soon, but I may be an adult by then.”