The trailer is close to being done, just a list of details to clean up at this point.
These days are a bit of a blur, long hours cleaning up details that all seem to take way longer than expected and finally tackling the things that I have been putting off.
I wired up the 12 volt system. I used a fuse box that was taken out of an old camper, The led light has a switch, so it was simple. I ran a wire to a switch, then the vent so when the fans arrive I can install them, I found decent sized computer fans for $1 each on ebay, so I ordered 4, 2 for each boler. I also soldered a couple wires to usb outlets, so the trailer can run lights fans or charge phones off these.
I made a trim piece for the step on the floor, around the closet, at the bottom of the couch and around the roof vent. The trim around the screen was plastic that had turned yellow, a little scrubbing with steel wool.
The sticker tiles came off the backsplash and I cut a piece to match the counter top. To finish the countertop I hinged a lid to cover the storage above the fridge.
I undercoated the trailer, the dirtiest job of the project. The wood was open to the bottom, and the frame (new to the trailer 20 years ago) although solid was covered in rust. Undercoating should protect this.
The trailer got new tires, although the others looked brand new, sitting in the dirt for 20 years may have made them safe.
The bunk beds needed a piece below the fiberglass to hold the bunk supports. The windows needed trim. Two curtain rod hangers needed to be riveted back in.
The outside electrical and water hookups needed to be cleaned up, some repainted, others polished and reinstalled.
The bunk cushions had some loose ends, so I used some speed sew and glued them down, to complete the no sewing cushions.
The tail lights and all the hook ups had been coated in silicone (which should never touch these trailers), so I used silicone remover. Although this was still a slow process, it made it possible to remove it without taking the paint off with it. I then replaced the tail lights with LED lights.
The sink had been sitting in place for a long time, finally I tackled it and screwed it down. It is meant for thick counters, which the fiberglass is not, and the tight space made this challenging.
The rod at the back of the counter looked unfinished, so I used my drill and sand paper to make a small piece to help finish it off.
I installed the marker lights, and connected all the lights to the wiring I previously installed.
I applied penetrating oil to the tongue jack as it is seized.
I installed the lock strip in the front and back windows. Applying lubricant generously made this fairly easy (after a couple of earlier failed attempts).
Since the bottom red paint is from a previous restoration, it had been marked up. I polished many marks out, cleaning up the paint job.
I trimmed up the fridge cut out.
Then it was time to get the hose out and blast the windows, looking for any leaks. Better to find them now.
A little touch up on the paint inside, and some cleaning and it is ready to go.