Preparing the other trailer for our trip was the priority, but I still managed to get an hour or so in on the project to paint the fiberglass furniture. I choose I light color, to contrast a little with the white walls and add some color.
I also checked the fit of the fridge I picked up and found a strap to fasten it down.
With summer vacation started the boys were around, which was great when I needed help, but also meant I spent more time at playgrounds and making food, decreasing the daily progress.
I painted the inside of the door, the plywood that made the top bunk and the storage covers that fit in the fiberglass furniture. I placed the fiberglass furniture the trailer, and the replacement sink I picked up from Ikea (it cost less to get a new sink than repaint the old one). I also riveted in the fiberglass cabinet above the kitchen.
I also pulled out the table saw and put more laminate flooring down.
Day 13, 14 and 15
I hate silicone, it should never be used on these little trailers. With that I spent 3 days cleaning the silicone off the windows (later learning about silicone remover, which would have helped).
Then I cleaned them with steel wool. I gave them a quick wipe with polish, but will properly polish them when the trailer is done.
I used Butyl tape and rivets to re-install the windows.
I also cleaned the plexiglass windows and re-installed them (leaving the lock strip out for now). This was much easier than I thought it would be.
With the boys at home, I grabbed anything I could paint and headed to the backyard with them. I repainted all the cabinet doors, and anything brass (wanted a more modern look).
This trailer had no emblems, so I molded a couple out of plastic and put them out for paint.
With metal and plastic I scuff the surface, then use a primer before painting.
I picked up sticker backsplash tiles from home depot for the backsplash, and a trim meant to use instead of caulking around the bathtub for the trim.
I also picked up some safety chains, as I pulled the originals off when I picked it up.
Day 18 and 19
Both these days I only worked a little, as we where between trips, and the list of other things that needed to get done was huge.
When we were on vacation the sticker tiles had fallen off, o using contact cement I reattached them.
Back in the backyard with the boys, I cut out the countertop material and the wood for under the bunk beds.
I also sprayed the rims white, thought it went better with the white top and baby moons.
I didn’t want to attache the cushion to the top bunk, as I like the idea of being able to remove it when the trailers is stored. I carried the idea of stapling the cushions to wood, as it allowed me to make cushions without the need to sew.
I just pulled the fabric tight and stapled it on.
(later I used speed sew fabric glue to glue any loose fabric edges down and give it a better finish)